[rt-users] Best linux distro, more info.

Mike Dent mike at thecedars.org.uk
Sun May 2 10:48:18 EDT 2004

Hi again,

When I check for missing dependancies it does not look as bad as I first
thought:

perl sbin/rt-test-dependencies --with-myself --with-modperl1 |grep
MISSING
        Apache::Request ...MISSING

So I try to do a perl -MCPAN -e 'install Apache::Request'  and it tells
me
mod_perl 1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 29.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 31.

It seems my RH 9 box has (rpm -qa |grep mod_perl)  mod_perl-1.99_07-5
on.

CPAN tries to install libapreq 1.3. So I tried the latest
libapreq2-2.02-dev
perl Makefile.PL --with-apache2-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs

This complains that my apache is not new enough?:

apxs:Error: Invalid query string `APR_BINDIR'.
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `APU_BINDIR'.
build/version_check.pl failed: apache2 version 2.0.40 unsupported
(2.0.46 or greater is required).
configure: error: Bad apache2 version

So, do I upgrade apache or downgrade mod_perl? I cant alter too much
stuff as this box does a lot of other things. Is there an easy solution
to this?

Thanks

Mike