[rt-users] rt-2.0-to-dumpfile errors

Dave Dennis dmd at speakeasy.org
Wed May 5 12:22:12 EDT 2004

When I ran into similar problems a month ago, they said it was cause
I had not enlargened max_allowed_packet in my.cnf .

But after making that several orders of magnitude larger than the largest
attachment in RT2, and starting over with the script, things still broke
on the exact ticket attachment, with the exact error message.

It fails really inelegantly too.  Instead of just iterating over the failed
attachment and going on, so the admin might be left with a working migration
minus a couple of attachments, the script stops running at the error,
which makes migration impossible even if one attachment fails.

At some point consensus might form that even if the admin increases
max_allowed_packet, a migration still can fail, and diagnosis might
pick up from there.  I gave up on migrating and started with a new RT3.

+ Dave Dennis
+ Seattle, WA
+ dmd at speakeasy.org
+ http://www.dmdennis.com