[rt-users] rt-3.0.11rc and Oracle

Alexey G Misurenko mag at caravan.ru
Fri May 7 06:11:39 EDT 2004

Hello!

I try to install RT3 at FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE.

perl 5.8.4
OCI7 ( from ports )

Oracle Database is installed at other server (in my case
Linux server)

configure, make install running without any errors but
next step fail with next diagnostic

rt3# make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl //usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba rt --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create a new database and grant RT access to that database,
this script needs to connect to your Oracle instance on develop as rt.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no database
password, just press return.

Password: ***
Now creating a database for RT.
...skipped as rt is not rt or we're working with Oracle.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
schema sucessfully inserted
Now inserting database ACLs
Now inserting RT core system objects
Checking for existing system user (RT::CurrentUser=HASH(0x8d29914))...not found.  This appears to be a new installation.
Creating system user...Could not create user
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/rt3/rt-3.0.11rc1.

Any ideas what going wrong?

--
WBR,   Alexey G Misurenko ( MAG-RIPE | MMAGG-RIPN )
CTO of Caravan ISP            http://www.caravan.ru