[rt-users] rt-3.0.11rc and Oracle

Alexey Misurenko mag at caravan.ru
Sat May 8 06:37:12 EDT 2004

Rainer Duffner wrote:
> Alexey G Misurenko wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I try to install RT3 at FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE.
>>
>> perl 5.8.4
>> OCI7 ( from ports )
>>
>> Oracle Database is installed at other server (in my case
>> Linux server)

[skip]
>> Now inserting RT core system objects
>> Checking for existing system user
>> (RT::CurrentUser=HASH(0x8d29914))...not found.  This appears to be a
>> new installation.
>> Creating system user...Could not create user
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/local/src/rt3/rt-3.0.11rc1.
>>

>> Any ideas what going wrong?
>>

> Are you sure that you can actually get a connection from FreeBSD with
> the oracle7-client to the linux-server ?

Ofcourse I am shure. If software on FreeBSD server can't connect to
Oracle at linux-server then how tables and sequences was succesfull created %) ?

> While I understand that one might want to use FreeBSD for RT, doing so
> in this configuration seems a bit adventurous.
>

> http://www.setuid.de/oracle.html

  Thanks for link, first good description how to compile php4 with
native FreeBSD OCI7 without complex tricks.

--
WBR,   Alexey G Misurenko ( MAG-RIPE | MMAGG-RIPN )
CTO of Caravan ISP            http://www.caravan.ru