[rt-users] Re: Changing the "Example.com" header

bill at daze.net bill at daze.net
Tue May 11 18:12:43 EDT 2004

> This entry exists in the RT_Cnfig.pm, but not in RT_SiteConfig.pm, in fact
> there is not even an entry in RT_SiteConfig.pm for the Set($rtname
> parameter.

RT_SiteConfig.pm contains *your* changes to the system defaults.  So it
won't be there until you put it there.

RT_Config.pm is the system defaults and you do not want to change them.
All of your changes from system defaults, or site-specific configuration
should always go in RT_SiteConfig.pm.  The RT_Config.pm file may get
whacked on upgrades so you would lose all of your customizations if you
add them there.

> In the RT_Config.pm file it already lists what I want it to say, it just
> doesn't show up on the web interface nor in the autoreply emails to the
> users, everything goes out as example.com.

Have you STOPPED and then STARTED Apache?  Restarts don't count.