[rt-users] mail server on different machine

Stefan Leblanc sleblanc at radicalhorizon.com
Thu May 13 11:44:41 EDT 2004

This would make a VERY nice wiki !!!

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com]On Behalf Of jeff rak
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 11:41 AM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] mail server on different machine

I recently setup the exact thing that your trying to do.

Box with RT is running postfix. I directed postfix to forard all email to my
main mail server.

/etc/postfix/transport:
mydomain.org smtp:[192.168.1.1]

Now on your qmail machine, add an alias like this:

/var/qmail/alias/.qmail-fwd1-rt
&rt at myRTserver.mydomain.org

And to your /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains:
rt at mydomain.org:alias-fwd1

this will forward email from the qmail box to the RT machine, and when you
reply from the RT machine, it'll forward to your qmail box.

Hope this helps,

-Rak

::On Thursday 13 May 2004 10:35 am, Peter Jamriško