[rt-users] mail server on different machine

Parish, Brent bparish at workscape.com
Thu May 13 14:56:48 EDT 2004

Hi.

I thought that the actual posting of the email into RT was done via a no-auth URL to the web server.
If that is true, you can put RT on the email server, but without any database connectivity or configuration.  Basically, you would just be using the RT package for only the mailgate function.
Email directed at the box would (via the /etc/aliases file) call the mailgate program, which would then post to wherever your real RT server is.
I thought that is what the docs that the original post (below) meant.  Can someone please let me know if this is correct?

Thanks!
Brent