[rt-users] [RT3.0.10] CustomFields: Default & set/change by email ?

Gilles-Eric DESCAMPS gedescamps at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 13 22:31:59 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've searched the mailing lists, but could not find what I was looking for.

1) How do you set a default value for a custom field ?
I define a field "project" with values "A", "B".
I'd like to set the default to be always "B".
currently the default is "(no value)"

2) How can users from wide-background (using outlook for example)
can set custom fields by email ?
As they use Outlook, they don't have access to the X-... SMTP headers.

But they can insert "fake" headers at the beginning of their emails:
something like:
RT:PROJECT=B

Does such a feature already exist ?
If not, how do you suggest it implemented ?

Thanks,

PS: the new QueryBuilder of 3.1.0 looks very nice.