[rt-users] Autocreated Users (Management of)

Christopher Snell chris-lists at blueaspen.com
Tue May 18 17:45:55 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is in the FAQ (because the FAQ is down)...

I noticed that when somebody sends e-mail to our RT queue, a user is
autocreated by RT for this person's e-mail address.  First of all, can I
configure RT to *not* autocreate users?  Secondly, if I cannot disable
autocreation, how can I clean old users out of the database?  We're
going to be using RT for retail customer service and there will be
thousands of new users created all of the time.  After their requests
are resolved, I can't see any point in keeping them around.

Thanks,

Chris Snell
bikeworld.com