[rt-users] Re: Autocreated Users (Management of)

seph seph at directionless.org
Wed May 19 07:15:53 EDT 2004

> I'm not sure if this is in the FAQ (because the FAQ is down)...

not sure either. It's certainly be covered on the mailing list.

> I noticed that when somebody sends e-mail to our RT queue, a user is
> autocreated by RT for this person's e-mail address.  First of all, can
> I configure RT to *not* autocreate users?

no. In RT, everything is a user, it's how it does things.

> Secondly, if I cannot disable autocreation, how can I clean old
> users out of the database?  We're going to be using RT for retail
> customer service and there will be thousands of new users created
> all of the time.

RT would be very happy if you deleted users that were linked from
various existing tickets, and resolved tickets are saved...

Though I have seen scripts designed to delete deleted tickets, and the
associated users who don't appear anywhere. But I suspect you want to
keep the resolved tickets.

seph