[rt-users] bug in searching custom fields with multiple values?

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Sun May 23 15:57:05 EDT 2004

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
> Stefan Wachter wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I have a queue specific custom field that may contain multiple values.
>> If I have a ticket which has set multiple values for that custom field
>> then I do not find the ticket when I specify a search criteria that
>> contains multiple values for that custom field. Eg:
>>
>> The custom field may contain the values "parser" and "DTD". My ticket
>> has set both values. The search criteria is:
>>
>> Queue = vdp
>> CF.vdp.{category} LIKE %DTD%
>> CF.vdp.{category} LIKE %parser%
>>
>> If I drop the second or the last criteria then the ticket is found.
>> Yet, the ticket is not found if I look for "DTD" and "parser".
>>
>> Is this a bug?
>
> I confirm, fail with 3.0.HEAD.
> I want fix it we should deside what results do we want with search on
> multiple valued custom fields:
> 1) ticket has custom field A defined and value is 1 or 2
> 2) ticket has custom field A defined and value is 1 and 2
>
> Now, both doesn't work. search is broken.
> I expect right fix would be second case, because usual user want
> decrease number of tickets when add new search condition.
>
> My SB 0.99, but as I see from changes to 1.00_01 it doesn't matter.
Can't wait feedback anymore.
Patch attached which fix search on CFs.
With patch ticket should have all values set to trigger condition(second
case in prev message).

			Good luck. Ruslan.

PS. Patch stores only last alias within particular CF, but I don't think
that it makes any sense to store all because user can't choose
ENTRYAGGREGATOR in 3.0.x.