[rt-users] Cool uses for RT

Randal Adamson ranz at devdata.net
Sun May 23 21:27:15 EDT 2004

Hi Jesse and the team,

May I first congratulate you all on a brilliant bit of software. I know
of a few ISP's here in Australia that use it.

I have a few ideas that I wanted to run by you on uses of RT and how I
could implement them.

1. 	Use RT to store tickets against Clients.

	Would I use a Queue or a Custom Field - or something else?

2. 	Export Client tickets somehow so it can be posted in the Client
Area on the web (different server to RT).

3.	A friend of mine has been looking to include all the open
tickets on his corporate Intranet. He said the only way he could do it
was to use the command-line tool. Any ideas here also?

4.	How could RT be used as managing a Project? i.e. would it be
better to store them in a separate queue? Has anyone done this? If an
email comes in from a known address - can we automatically put it in
another queue?

2 and 3 could be considered the same thing.

Many thanks,

Randal Adamson