[rt-users] Windows Installer: Problem Installing 2nd Time

djohnson at mail.peakinet.net djohnson at mail.peakinet.net
Wed May 26 10:48:28 EDT 2004

I'm playing with the RT 3.0.10 Windows installer, and it's slick! I
installed it and it worked perfectly the first time. Unfortunately, I
uninstalled it and can't get it to work a SECOND time. I get to the point
where a browser pops up pointed at
http://localhost:8284/cgi-bin/initdb.cgi, and it seems to stop with the
error: Unknown DBI error (Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'
(10061)), aborting!

Has anyone else seen this problem?

I don't have any other instance of MySQL running on the box (Windows XP).
I've gone through the registry and deleted all MySQL keys left over from
troubleshoot this.

Don Johnson
drj826 at acm.org
http://drj826.net/