[rt-users] External Database?

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Wed May 26 17:23:13 EDT 2004

>Set($LookupSenderInExternalDatabase , 1);
>Set($SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase , 1);
>

>I am trying to use this feature... but I am not sure how you go about implemen
>ting this. Is there any docs/examples of this? We'd like to veryify the person
> sending the email against a MySQL database. From what i've seen in the archiv
>es, we'd probably have to write some code to do this, but if this is an LDAP e
>xample maybe it would help us...

   These flags are for web use, not email.  E.g. if you want your
   web users to use an ldap password instead of the internal RT password.

   RT does take the FROM email address and look it up in the RT
   database.  But since email is not authenticated, there's no
   additional benefit to looking up in ldap.

      bobg