[rt-users] Approval before sending Correspondence

emf i at mindlace.net
Thu May 27 01:29:02 EDT 2004

Hi, folks. At my last job we used RT a lot, and now I'm trying to get a
client to use it.

The problem is their tickets often involve very touchy questions
answered by volunteers... so we need to have some control over when
things are sent out. There are a couple of ways I can think of to
implement this; i'd appreciate feedback as to which is the most
productive:

1.) Make a Reply only go out on Approval.
2.) Make a Reply only go out when some other custom property is set.
3.) Make it possible for a Comment to be turned into a Reply (and be
sent).
4.) Minimally, add a pop-up "are you sure" to the Reply option via
javascript.

All of these things (save the last) seem to involve blowing away the
default Scrip for Correspondence and triggering a similar scrip on some
other action.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
--
nothing can happen inside a sphere