[rt-users] Spam management?

Stuart Krivis stuart at krivis.com
Mon May 31 12:00:28 EDT 2004

Dag Bruck wrote:

>>That sounds simple enough but what mailer does the human use
>>that keeps the original sender in the From: when forwarding
>>to the unfiltered address?
>

> Eudora has a "redirect" feature, in addition to "forward".

This is usually called "redirect" or "bounce."

Mutt and Pine will do it, as will some graphical MUAs.

Netscape/Mozilla/Thunderbird don't support this for some reason, and
someone has even offered a bounty to whoever adds it.
http://www.wonko.com/content.php?id=23

Pine or Mutt might be a good bet. You could set them as the shell so
that even someone who doesn't know unix won't be exposed to the terrors
of the command line. (Or tell them to login and type "pine." :-)

I think you have to explicitly enable this function in Pine. It's in
Preferences or directly, in the rc file.

Stuart Krivis		stuart at krivis.com