[rt-users] CLI RT Questions

Roland, Ryan M rmroland at indiana.edu
Tue Nov 2 17:34:36 EST 2004

I have been looking at the 'rt' command and have a few questions.

1) When I use the CLI 'rt', it requires that a few environment variables
are set RTUSER, RTPASSWD, RTSERVER.  Even with 'Everyone' having
permission to create a ticket in a given queue, I have been unable to
get it to create the ticket without specifying an existing RT user.  Can
I not just set the RTUSER to be the requestor's email address and leave
the password blank?

2) If I have custom fields for a queue, how can I set them through using
the command line?  I saw the 'set field=val' parameter, but when I try
to set a custom field using that method, it says that it is an 'Unknown
field.'

Thanks,

Ryan Roland

Application Developer