[rt-users] rt hard to use

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Tue Nov 2 19:58:42 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Lance Davis wrote:
> > Unless I am missing something fundamental, having been trialling rt for a
> > couple of weeks there seem to be some obvious things missing / wrong .
> >
> > Maybe someone could point me in the right direction ...
>
> Well, one of the good things about RT is that it is massively customizable,
> and indeed, AFAICS intended to be moulded into the specific workflow you
> wish to use it in.

> An "On Correspond/User defined action" scrip can help here. For example, I'm
> doing more-or-less what you suggest above, using the "new" and "open"
> statuses.
>
> Here's my code:
>
> my $u = RT::User->new($RT::SystemUser);
> $u->Load($self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->Id);
> $self->TicketObj->SetStatus( $u->Privileged() ? 'open' : 'new' );

so effectively if I understand right when the customer responds the status
gets set to 'new'  ???

> > Secondly if we want to create a ticket in rt and have an email sent to a
> > customer that seems hard to do.
>
> Well, you could copy the requestor email address into the "Cc:" box - not
> amazingly elegant, but it works.

but then wouldnt the requestor get a copy of any email he sends as well as
2 copies of further correspondence ?? presumably you would need to delete
him as a cc after creating the ticket ??

> > Similarily if you have deleted a ticket ...
>
> Then where would it be sensible for it to take you?

back to the list of tickets you last looked at ??

> > Also I would like to see a 'delete' header like the resolve one to make it
> > easier to get rid of spam.
>
> If you are prepared to do a little work with Perl, you can add one quite
> easily.

I'll look into that ...

Thanks for your input :)

Lance

--
uklinux.net - The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.