[rt-users] rt hard to use

Matthew D. Stevens matt at netjam.net
Tue Nov 2 23:33:19 EST 2004

Is there any way to make it default to descending instead of ascending
when first opening a queue?  Thats the only thing that really annoys me
about the interface

rt 2.0.15 rh 7.3

Rick Measham wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 10:07, Lance Davis wrote:
>

>>Firstly and most important there doesnt seem to be a way to differentiate
>>between tickets that we last updated and tickets that clients have
>>responded to. We need to see ones that clients have responded to and
>>answer their response, but dont need to look at ones that we responded to
>>last.
>>
>>In a system that we last used there were two distinct 'open' statuses for
>>this purpose - 'open support' and 'open customer (requestor)'
>>

>G'day Lance,
>I've created additional statuses to handle workflow.
>
>new      - Tickets that have been created
>replied  - Tickets that have been responded to by us
>open     - Tickets that have been responded to by the client
>closed   - Tickets that we believe to be finished
>resolved - Tickets that the client agrees are resolved
>
>To do this, I adjust the options on the bar at the top of the page when
>viewing the ticket. Now when we hit 'reply' the status defaults to
>'replied'. When they hit 'reply' it's changed to 'open'. When we hit
>resolve it defaults to closed and when they hit resolve it defaults to
>resolved.
>
>I can share stuff if you want but it is a simple hack.
>
>Cheers!
>Rick

>Be sure to check out the RT wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Matthew D. Stevens
Sales and Purchasing
matt at netjam.net

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
333 Texas St.             VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 1401                90 day warranty
Shreveport, LA 71101

p: 318-212-0245
f: 318-212-0246
Toll Free: 866-2-NETJAM