[rt-users] attaching user information when replying to a ticket

Paul McAlister paulm at fedinternational.com
Wed Nov 3 01:53:57 EST 2004

Hi we are a support firm, and have just begun looking at request tracker
as a way of tracking the progress of our support calls. We have created
a default queue called support of which all our support email enters rt
so that we can monitor their progress.

The problem we are finding is that when we receive a support email and
it enters rt as a new ticket, when we reply to the sender through the rt
interface the header of the email back to the sender is of the form:-

From: postmaster at brown on behalf of support at ourdomain.com

What we would like to do is have the email coming back with the From tag
as:-

postmaster at brown; on behalf of on behalf of My Name via RT
[support at ourdomain.com].

This would be more informative to our clients on who has actually
handled the support issue. We have seen this style of header from other
firms. However do not know how to set this up.

Could someone please help.

Cheers
Paul