[rt-users] looking for a feature (building MimeEntities out of attachments)

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Nov 8 04:36:58 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 08:51:51AM +0100, Dirk Pape wrote:

> I am looking for the rigt place for an abstraction to build MIME messages
> out of a transaction, hence the following questions:
>
> 1. Did anybody implement this before?

"forwarding", not so much "resending"

> if not:
>
> 2. where to put the method CreateMIMEEntityFromTransaction

I could see Transaction->AsMIMEEntity. _but_, do you want to regenerate
the mail as it was sent out by RT exactly? If so, you need to take
templates into account.   And also, maybe it would be easier to use RT
3.2's recorded outgoing mail as the source... and just add a "resend"
method for that.

> a) in Transaction_Overlay.pm
> b) in Attachments_Overlay.pm
> c) in SendEmail.pm
> d) or ...
>
> I look for another feature to send the complete correspondenc/comment
> history of a ticket as a multipart/digest. Where to put this abstraction?

I could see maybe putting that in Transactions_Overlay.pm _maybe_. I
could also see it as a Template