[rt-users] using mysqldump to move between RT versions?

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at acronis.com
Tue Nov 9 18:41:57 EST 2004

Devin Oberlander wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to use the mysqldump client to move my RT database from a
> Solaris server running RT 3.0.9 and MySQL 4.0 to a new Linux server
> running RT 3.2.2 and MySQL 4.1.  So, my question – are there any
> differences in the database schemas between the 2 versions and will the
> mysqldump utility work for moving exisiting data to the new server?
If you use `mysqldump --opt ...` then dump contains 'DROP TABLE ...'
quireies. So you'll end up with old RT-3.0.x DB on 3.2.x server.
Yes, 3.2 has new table(s) and several small changes in old scheme.
Please, read README file how to upgrade database. You shouldn't
[re]install 3.0/3.2 on new server, you can just upgrade database after
restore of dump.

Caveat: you can't merge two RT instances: new and old.