[rt-users] RT and Fedora Core 2/3, Apache2, Postfix, PosgreSQL?

Jon Forrest forrest at ce.berkeley.edu
Sat Nov 13 13:19:50 EST 2004

Steve Wampler wrote:
> The server we've been running RT (currently 3.0.4) with
> Apache2 (hpptd-2.0.47), mod_perl2 (1.99_08), postgresql (7.2.4)
> and sendmail for a couple of years now.
>
> However, the server is about to be replaced with a new one
> running either (TBD) Fedora Core 2 or 3.  At the same time,
> we're thinking of replacing sendmail with postfix and upgrading
> to a more recent version of postgresql.
>
> Does any know of problems running RT (we're likely to upgrade
> to the latest version while we're at it) in this environment?
> Anything that's likely to cause us a problem?  If we do
> upgrade RT, what's the best procedure for migrating our current
> RT tables?

I'm running Fedore Core 2 and I was unable to build mod_perl2
with Apache 2 several months ago. There are newer versions of mod_perl2
available that might fix the problems but I had to get RT
up and running so I had to give up.

Now I'm using Apache 1 and mod_perl1 with
postfix and mysql. So far, in testing only, everything seems
to be working fine. I'm especially happy with Core 2 and postfix.

Cordially,
Jon Forrest
Computer Resources Manager
Civil and Environmental Engineering Dept.
205 Davis Hall
Univ. of Calif., Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-1710
510-642-0904