[rt-users] finally perl modules installed - RT still cannot find them

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Nov 16 08:36:26 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 03:47, Phil Howard wrote:
> I need the next idea to try.
>
> After a few weeks of doing battle with CPAN and perl modules, I finally
> got them to install.  A couple things were installed by RPM.  The rest
> was done by extracting tarballs downloaded from a CPAN mirror, and doing
> "perl Makefile.PL && make && make install".  Looks like they all (the
> ones that had been reported by a previous RT testdeps as missing or the
> wrong version) are there now (I checked the files).
>
> But RT testdeps still says they are missing.  The files are there.  And
> when I do the following commands to test the modules myself, I don't see
> any problems:

If you are still trying to use mod_perl, you have to recompile apache
and mod_perl to pick up the new version of perl you installed.  If
you use fastcgi instead you don't need to do that and you wouldn't
need the Apache::* modules.  You also shouldn't have to download
CPAN tarballs by hand unless you are trying to get a special version.
Running perl sbin/rt-test-dependencies --install with the options for
your database and method should pick up everything for you.  Or you
can run 'perl -MCPAN -eshell' and 'install packagename' from there.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com