[rt-users] No greetings

Torstein Skard t.g.h.skard at usit.uio.no
Thu Nov 18 15:18:13 EST 2004

Some of our users do not get the auto reply "Greetings, ." when they submit
a ticket. In our RT installation some of the queues have replaced former
mailing lists. In this case the user submits a ticket to the list, and the
RT queue is the only member of the former list. This was done in order to
make it possible for the user to go on with the mailing addresses they are
used to. Therefore RT gets new tickets from the user via a mailing list, and
in these cases the user gets no RT ticket created message. Why? The problem
is not that the auto reply is sent to the wrong place. Looking at the
thickets history clearly shows that no RT ticket created message was ever
generated. If a ticket is mailed directly to the list, the user gets the
Greetings.

Torstein Skard
University of Oslo, Norway