[rt-users] Is RT::Client supposed to work?

Kumar, Vasanth vakumar at blackrock.com
Fri Nov 19 15:04:11 EST 2004

I have been trying to use RT::Client.  I have sucessfully setup RT::Atom and can hit the pages directly through my browser (ex: http://username:password@localhost/Atom/0.3)

When I run the RT-Client tests (1-procedural.t), the LWP test determines that Atom is installed and tries to run all the tests.  However, when using RT-Client interfaces, it doesn't seem to pass in the login and password to the server.  The log output looks like:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/perl/5.8.5/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'inc', 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/1-procedural.t t/2-oo.t
t/1-procedural....Running ALL Tests
t/1-procedural....ok 2/69===> OPTIONS http://localhost:80/Atom/0.3/Tickets

<=== HTTP/1.1 401 (Unauthorized) Authorization Required
Connection: close
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:58:26 GMT

Note that the login & password aren't being passed in the URL.  I looked in Client.pm and it appears that when the URI is created it doesn't add the login & password.

So I was wondering if this module is in usable testable state?

Thanks!

Vasanth