[rt-users] Palm OS Synchronization

Jeff McCune mccune at math.ohio-state.edu
Fri Nov 19 16:02:55 EST 2004

Jesse Vincent wrote:
 > The thing to be careful of is that the Palm todo list is anemic and
 > doesn't have the metadata needed to really track things. The "right"
 > way to do this, I think is to make an RT to ical (RFC2445) sync tool,
 > since everything supports 2445 these days.   Of course, the treo has
 > network. Which begs the question of why not just build a stripped down
 > web ui for the treo?
 >
 > 	Jesse

I'd like offline access.  Persistent network access on the treo sucks
battery like nothing else and prevents incoming calls, not to mention
being fairly slow.  Ideally, the information will be all in one place,
which is why I'd like it integrated into my Palm ToDo list.

I like the idea of a RT to ical interface.

Another option is RSS.  I have a decently nice RSS client, which
obviously won't give me integration into my todo list, but will at least
give me an offline viewer I can check.  Are there any RSS outputs for RT
available?

This would get me up and running so I can do the iCal conversion "right"
rather than hack it together.

Regards,
--
Jeff McCune
OSU Department of Mathematics System Support