[rt-users] Add Text to the Forms

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 12:09:07 EST 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:00:01 -0700, Ben Bush <ben at vintela.com> wrote:
> Is there a way for us to add text to the individual queue forms to help
> guide the person entering a ticket?
>
> For Example,
>
> We have 2 custom fields - Full Name and Company Name that are text user
> input fields
>
> We want to add some text that explains what the tech should do before
> adding this ticket into the queue. Examples would be:
>  - Check a url link (provided on the page) to see if they are a
> supported customer
>  - Ask them to refer to another document for further clarification
>
> Can I do this without modifying the actual code? If I need to modify the
> forms, can I do it per queue?

You can do this without a whole bunch of headache.  I created a
Forms.html with nothing more than links to my Custom-Form.html page.
So I have links like <a
href="Custom-Form.html?Queue=10">ExampleQueue</a>

My Custom-Form.html started out as nothing more than a chopped up copy
of share/html/SelfService/Create.html (an earlier version).  I then
added a bunch of stuff to it, but probably the most critical piece to
take care of what you need is:

<TD COLSPAN=6>
<& /Ticket/Elements/Systems-EditCustomFields, QueueObj => $QueueObj &>
</TD>

Systems-EditCustomFields is a slightly modified version of
EditCustomFields, though you probably wouldn't really need that.  It
was mostly just so I could make a clickable link to pop up a window to
show the custom field value descriptions.

--
Andy Harrison