[rt-users] mailgate throws up on valid message

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Nov 22 12:27:04 EST 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 12:14:48PM +0100, Ruediger Riediger wrote:
> Hello RT gurus,
>
> -> resend as we need urgently a solution

That's not generally a good way to get answers out of an all-volunteer
list. Also, please don't cc both rt-users and rt-devel. Most people on
rt-devel are also on rt-users. And getting two copies of a message
doesn't make anyone more likely to reply to it.

> this happened on RT3.0.12 - any idea what might have caused this?
> We have seen this now several times, e.g. with the attached phishing
> spam - but also valid messages. This is 100% reproducible on two
> systems, running RT3.0.5rc3 on perl 5.6.1 and RT3.0.12 on perl 5.8.4
> with apache1.3+perl_mod.

Sending unmodified RT source to the list isn't really something that
will help us debug your issue.
If you have a message that RT won't process, the only thing we're going
to be able to use to debug that behaviour is that message itself.
Ideally, we could add it to the test suite to make sure it doesn't
happen again. Have you folks attempted to isolate which of the message
characteristics cause the failure? Is there anything in RT's logs?