[rt-users] FreedBSD 4.10 and RT 3-3.0.9

Jon Krause data2 at cablespeed.com
Wed Nov 24 13:45:55 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Tyro" <ron.tyro at utoronto.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 9:05 AM
Subject: [rt-users] FreedBSD 4.10 and RT 3-3.0.9

: Hi.
:
: I followed the instructions on the rt-wiki page for FreeBSD, and
: everything seemed to install okay.
: When I run "make initialize-database", I get "make: don't know how to
: make initialize-database. Stop".  I then noticed that only the mysql
: client was installed, and nothing else.
:
: For the FreeBSD installation, do I need to install all the required
: components first or will the install do this for me?
:
: Thanks,
: Ron
:
: Scotiabank Information Commmons, University of Toronto
:

Ron,
    For some reason RT from FreeBSD ports (4.10 Release) does not have
mysql-server as a required dependancy.  You will need to add the appropriate
mysql-server port also, use the matching version of the mysql-client you
have.

    Autrijus Tang is listed as the maintainer for this FreeBSD port and
sometimes posts to this list, perhaps he should be notified.

Hope this helps, Jon