[rt-users] ticket view w/ watchers

Micah Cooper coopermj at muohio.edu
Sun Nov 28 14:38:56 EST 2004

I know it's not the recommended way, but I'd like to build a view (I'm
using Pg) that displays a ticket summary along with the requestor(s).
I'm building a view so that I can easily use external reporting
software (Crystal Reports) to build a nice set of reports based on the
information in RT.

I did create a view based on creator, but there are plenty of times in
our organization that tickets are created on behalf of another, so I
attempted integrating information from transactions, but it was beyond
my sad sql skills. I know there would be a limit on requestors, and
that's fine, or if someone knows a better way to integrate rt
information in Crystal, that would be useful, too.

I saw that 3.3 had revamped watcher code -- would that make this
simpler?

Thanks
-Micah
Micah J. Cooper