[rt-users] Speeding up RT3

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Oct 1 10:56:55 EDT 2004

>  I'm currently in the process of performance testing RT3 and trying to
> speed things up where needed. Currently I'm finding that the front page
> is taking about 10 seconds to load for a non SuperUser (about 2-3
> seconds for SU's).

What DBIx::SearchBuilder are you running?  How many queues do
non-superusers have on the front page?

> Tracking this down, it's the QuickSearch box that is the major slowdown,
> taking about 6 seconds to load, seeming most of that time is taken up
> processing the ACL in perl.

Is that a guess or do you have profiling results?

If you don't have profiling results, I'd strongly recommend you use
standalone_httpd and Devel::DProf to profile and post those results.

Also, what sorts of CPUs are sitting behind that oracle database? Have
your DBAs spent time profiling what RT's doing on the database side and
looking for index improvements?