[rt-users] Speeding up RT3

Matthew Watson matthew.watson at staff.netspace.net.au
Sat Oct 2 00:56:44 EDT 2004

1.01

> How many queues do
> non-superusers have on the front page?

18 queues, which have the right "SeeQueue","CreatTicket" and
"ReplyToTicket" assigned to "Everyone".

> > Tracking this down, it's the QuickSearch box that is the major
slowdown,
> > taking about 6 seconds to load, seeming most of that time is taken
up
> > processing the ACL in perl.
> >

> Is that a guess or do you have profiling results?

Profiling using MasonX::Profiler.

> If you don't have profiling results, I'd strongly recommend you use
> standalone_httpd and Devel::DProf to profile and post those results.

I'll have a look into doing that.

> Also, what sorts of CPUs are sitting behind that oracle database? Have
> your DBAs spent time profiling what RT's doing on the database side
and
> looking for index improvements?

I'm not what the CPUs are off hand, it's dual processor sun hardware
with 4gb of ram, but I can't remember exactly what, however we have done
quite a bit of work making sure the database isn't the cause of the
problems, all the queries for the front page take less than 1 second to
run (combined).

The web front end is a 3ghz p4 with a gig of ram. Also tried running the
Web interface on an E450, but that was even slower.

Regards,
Matt.

> > My setup is.
> >

> >  RT 3.2.2
> >
> >  Oracle 9.2.0.5
> >
> >  About a million tickets
> >
> >  Apache 1.3.27/FastCGI
> >

> > Regards
> >

> > --
> >
> > Matthew Watson
> >
> > Netspace Online Systems

> > Be sure to check out the RT wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com
>
> --

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email
from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
 those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.