[rt-users] Option for Priority labels ...

Colin Henein rt at cmh.parliant.com
Sun Oct 3 18:11:43 EDT 2004

I have recently upgraded from rt2 to rt-3.2.2. In rt2 I had enjoyed
using a patch by Eric Berggren that replaced the numeric priority
display throughout RT by labelled equivalents. The numeric priorities
can be difficult to use, particularly for those who aren't using the
progressive priority features of RT and where RT is being used by
non-technical staff. Eric's patch addressed this problem.

As far as I can see there has been no equivalent patch to rt3, and
(unfortunately) this useful functionality was never rolled into the
main rt3 distribution.

I have modified Eric's original patch so that it applies to rt-3.2.2.

The patch and installation instructions are available here:
http://www.parliant.com/~cmh/rt/

If it proves useful, I hope this kind of functionality might be
included in the main rt3 distribution in future.

Cheers,
Colin Henein
Parliant Corporation