[rt-users] CGI: Making it go faster

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at acronis.com
Mon Oct 4 03:33:22 EDT 2004

Rick Measham wrote:
> I'm creating a CGI script as a front-end to RT, however RT is very very
> slow to load. I figure there's ways to use mod_perl to make it faster.
> Anyone done that?
Many of rt-users use mod_perl or FastCGI.

> I figure I have to
> 	use RT::*
> in such a way that they stay loaded permanently in Apache. If I can do
> that then I'm happy.
>
> I've not used mod_perl before, so any really simple instructions would
> be greatly appreciated.
First of all, you have to install it.

1.x version: http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?ManualApache describe procedure too.

2.x is beta, but last releases is stable enough. Please don't try to use
old packages.
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html
Don't ignore 1.x docs cause it has good instructions that is still
applicable to 2.x, for example
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_is_running_