[rt-users] Still having email attatchment corruption after Perlupgrade

Brelsfoard, Alex alexb at WPI.EDU
Thu Oct 7 10:11:34 EDT 2004

My original message is below. I was asked whether we were using FastCGI or
Mod_Perl.  We are using mod_perl.  After talking with my administrator about
this he rebuil;t mod_perl.  But the problem still persists.  What other
information do you need?  Any other suggestions?
Thanks a lot.

--Alex Brelsfoard

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com on behalf of Brelsfoard, Alex
Sent: Wed 9/29/2004 2:47 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Still having email attatchment corruption after
Perlupgrade

OK, so we were having problems with some (randomly) attachments being sent in
or manually uploaded into RT.  It was the whole "RT added extra bytes to the
file" problem.  So I reasearched the problem and found that we were using
Perl 5.8.0.  Sounds like an obvious problem.  So we upgraded to 5.8.5.
Everything seemed ti go smoothly for ~2 days.  And then it all started
happening again.  I have verified that Perl 5.8.5 is indeed still installed
and active.  We are on RT version 3.0.8 on RH Linux.

Any suggestions/idas?

Thanks.

--Alex

Alex Brelsfoard