[rt-users] Status changed from Resolved to Open during reply?

Kent drizit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 17:04:53 EDT 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:52:04 -0400, Jesse Vincent
<jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> Because you've got an "OnCorrespond, Open ticket" scrip. It's not done
> "in the user's process". It's done by the business logic.

Yes I do have that scrip active. However even the update screen says
'Resolved (Unchanged)' but it does not stay unchanged it moves the
status to open. So currently there is no way to reply to the ticket
and keep it from playing the flip-flop game. The requestor then gets
another 'Your ticket is resolved' email from us which I don't like. I
would have to use a comment instead and CC the requestor which doesn't
seem right and was not how the original RT worked (We just upgraded
from RT 1.X).

As Vivek mentioned it also doesn't tell you that it changed the status
in the WebUI it just does it. It seems counter to the 'Resolved
(Unchanged)' message shown in the status field and to the logic of the
system.