[rt-users] Re: Performance Issues (a bug?)

Dan Pritts danno at internet2.edu
Tue Oct 12 16:37:05 EDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 04:00:51PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> You do know that RT flat out _requires_ MySQL 4, right?

Funny you should ask.  Nobody ever responded to my note of 22 september
on this topic:

http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2004-September/025936.html

in which I wrote:
> So I see on the installation instructions mysql version 4.x is required.
>
> I see on the mailing list concerns that performance will be bad
> without it, but no mention of any other problems.
>
> Do I need to worry about anything other than poor performance
> when running with mysql 3.23.58?  ie, database corruption?
> I am running with InnoDB tables.
>
> see, the system has been up for a while with 3.23 and i didn't
> notice until now that it was an issue...i had assumed that the
> rt-check-dependencies script flag everything i needed to upgrade.
>
> unfortunately, as it turns out, now would be a difficult time for me to
> do an upgrade.

As it turns out i'm past my crunch and can devote energy to the
mysql upgrade.  Anything I need to look out for?

thanks for all your advice, Jesse - and thanks for RT.  I know it seems
like I have been complaining a lot, but I really appreciate the quality
of RT and the time & effort that has clearly gone into it.

danno
--
dan pritts - systems administrator - internet2
734/352-4953 office        734/834-7224 mobile