[rt-users] Scrip to assign tickets upon creation

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Thu Oct 14 20:49:02 EDT 2004

Hi Alfredo,

Alfredo Sola wrote:

>     I would like to assign incoming tickets to users belonging to a
> given group in a round-robin fashion (future nicer versions will
> hopefully feature other distribution criteria). Before I start, has
> anyone done this already? I have searched about and didn't find it.
> I'll contrib whatever I write if it is not the case.

We do a slightly simpler but similar thing here.  We have generic users
(such as "desktop" and "dba") whose email address is a mailing list of
everyone in that group.  When they get a ticket whoever feels like
working on the ticket then "steals" it from the generic user.  It lets
them regulate their workload themselves.

Carl.