[rt-users] Suse 9.1 Pro and RT configuration problem. Help!!

bill s opensource22 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 15:28:56 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I installed RT 3.2.2 on Suse 9.1 Pro. (Apache 2.0.49
with fastcgi and mysql). I made the apache user
"wwwrun" a member of "rt" group. I also made
appropriate changes in RT_Siteconfig.pm file.

But, when I try to access "http://localhost", I was
lead to the Apache main page and NOT the RT main page.
At other times, nothing but a "forbidden access" shows
up. When I looked at the Apache error log, I see the
error messages - pasted at the end of this email (not
in order though).

Now, Apache even stopped working i.e it does not even
start. Error log shows the following message.
[notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper:
/usr/sbin/suexec2)
[warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint:
SSLSessionCache]

I can't seem to figure out what is going on or what I
am doing wrong. Can somebody please help me?

Thanks
Bill

ERROR_LOG messages:
[warn] FastCGI: server
"/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" has failed to remain
running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart
interval has been backed off to 600 seconds

[error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server
configuration: /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi,
referer: http://fsck.com/rtfm/users.html