[rt-users] scrip action

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at acronis.com
Mon Oct 18 07:33:38 EDT 2004

Todd Chapman wrote:
> Mail other recipients mails people who are in the To: header
> has shown below.

Todd, are you shure??? Show me code that do it! May be you saw document
that says it(we should fix such doc).

About 'Otherrecipients':

OtherRecipients do only one thing. RT Web UI pages where you can
reply/comment on ticket contain two special input boxes 'Cc' and 'Bcc'
with notes "Sends a [blind] carbon-copy of this update to a
comma-delimited list of email addresses. Does not change who will
receive future updates". You can fill this fields. Email addresses in
this boxes would be 'OtherRecipients'. Unless you have some notification
scrips that notify 'OtherRecipients' this input boxes are useless.
In terms of header fields it's 'RT-Send-Cc' and 'RT-Send-Bcc', but not 'To'.

Relevant block of code from Action/Notify.pm
     if ( $arg =~ /\bOtherRecipients\b/ ) {
         if ( $self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First ) {
             my @cc_addresses =
Mail::Address->parse($self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First->GetHeader('RT-Send-Cc'));
             foreach my $addr (@cc_addresses) {
                   push @Cc, $addr->address;
             }
             my @bcc_addresses =
Mail::Address->parse($self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First->GetHeader('RT-Send-Bcc'));

             foreach my $addr (@bcc_addresses) {
                   push @Bcc, $addr->address;
             }

         }
     }

About Todd's suggestion:

Raed, You can use trick that was suggested by Todd, but it works not
only when RT notifies 'OtherRecipients', but everytime when RT uses that
template(where you've add such line). How and why it works:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Template

About RT-Action-NotifyGroup

RT-Action-NotifyGroup has several benefits against adding headers via
template:
1) You can notify RT _groups_
2) You don't hide info in the template
3) It's standalone action that does what it should do

				Best regards. Ruslan.