[rt-users] CC field question

Matthew Joseff mjoseff at yellowbrix.com
Tue Oct 19 11:10:45 EDT 2004

We use cc's to ask questions and inform parties who are not the requestor
or watchers.

Yes, it should send out an email to that person(s) for that one time only.
If it isn't, check your mail log.

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Nathan Kroll wrote:

}When you comment on a ticket, there is a text box that is labelled as
}the CC field.  If you add an address to that field, will RT sent an
}email to that person regardless of what scrips are in place, or is
}that one-time CC held to the same rules (due to scrips) as the regular
}CC people on the ticket?
}
}The reason I'm asking is because it was my understanding that when
}adding a CC address when commenting, that they would recieve and email
}regardless, but it doesn't seem to be working that way.  In fact, our
}install of rt isn't sending email to even the CCs set on ticket
}creation.  Is this due to scrip problems?  Is just having the
}addresses not enough, do I need a scrip that tells rt that it should
}actually send mail to the CC people?
}
}Thanks for any help,
}
}Nate
}
}Be sure to check out the RT wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com
}

--
Matthew Joseff, Director Technical Operations
(p) 703.519.1066 (f) 703.548.9151 (m) 202.415.6261