[rt-users] Performance Issues

Cliff Flood cliff.flood at voxpilot.com
Wed Oct 20 05:18:36 EDT 2004

Kevin Sonney wrote:
> I had this same problem and unpgraded MySQL to 4.0 and all has been
> well.

What we see when a ticket is being served is an Apache CPU spike for the
duration of the serve and a small MySQL spike just after the request is
made. This leads me to believe the poor performance is the fault of
Apache+mod_perl
Also, I would have expected the change to InnoDB tables to have given a
performance boost if a slow DB was at fault.

Can you suggest how MySQL 4 might produce better results? Does RT use
different queries with the newer MySQL?

This also leads me to another question, does anyone have any suggestions
  or tips on how to debug mod_perl or on general tips for improving
mod_perl performance. I really would like to get to the bottom of this
and all help is appreciated.

--
Cliff Flood
Systems Administrator