[rt-users] RT is hanging when trying to update tickets

Carl Brewer carl at vivitec.com.au
Wed Oct 20 21:54:40 EDT 2004

I'm running RT 3.2.2 (just upgraded now to see if it may have
helped, was running 3.2.1) on Redhat 7.3 with perl 5.8.3 on
modperl with apache 1.3.31

Just today, RT has started hanging when I try to
submit any changes to tickets - it queries ok, I can log in,
log out, list all tickets etc, but it hangs when I
go to an update ticket page - it's hard to describe, but it looks
like the page isn't loading completely, and httpd is going crazy
and using lots of CPU.

On Monday I upgraded DBIx:Searchsomething from CPAN to try and
resolve some performance issues after seeing a thread suggesting
it here, and at the time it seemed ok - we went from 0.99 to 1.11.
I *think* I restarted apache at the time, but am not 100% sure.

The last thing I see in any apache log files is :

x.x.x.x - - [21/Oct/2004:11:31:35 +1000] "GET /NoAuth/webrt.css
HTTP/1.1" 200 7316
"http://xxx.xxx.xxx/Ticket/Update.html?Action=Comment&DefaultStatus=resolved&id=892"
"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040910"

and httpd is spinning, but doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I've restarted mysqld and httpd adnauseum, to no avail.

Can anyone suggest where I should look to try and get it running
again?  I'm kinda out of my depth (these things 'just work' usually!)
with debugging something broken in apache/modperl, and my users are
just a little ... upset!

thanks!

Carl

--