[rt-users] Anyone installed RT on Mandrake - Help?

Christopher Welsh cpwe at deakin.edu.au
Fri Oct 22 07:11:55 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm no expert a this but I have the basics of RT running, I've setup
users and test queues. It's simply a great helpdesk.
The problem I have is that to get it going, I had to make some compromises.

1 - Had to remove suexec
2 - It will not run as a virtual host. It tells me I cannot have
"FastCgiIpcDir /tmp",   "FastCgiServer", ScriptAlias" in the virtual
host's section. So I have not worked out how to set this up as a virtual
host. It hogs the whole server in it's current state; No other web apps
will run.

I have read and installed using  the info from
"http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?FastCGIConfiguration", but
Mandrake's apache must do it a little different.

Mandrake 10.0 splits it up into the following relevant files. To get it
working I had to do the following:

httpd2.conf
----------------
Fastcgi module loaded,

commonhttpd.conf
--------------------------
 # Pass through requests to display images
   Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

   # Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.
   FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

   # Number of processes is tunable, but you need at least 3 or 4
   FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
-processes 4

   ##AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
   ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

vhosts/Vhosts.conf
----------------------------
<VirtualHost helpdesk.staff>
ServerName helpdesk.staff
####ServerPath /usr/local/rt3/share/html
DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
   ####Alias /rt /usr/local/rt3/share/html
####
####
   Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
####
   AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
   ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
####
   <Location /NoAuth/images >
     SetHandler default-handler
   </Location>
####
</VirtualHost>

Could you send me your  Mandrake/Apache conf files? I've gone with
fastcgi and RT-3.2.2 with Apache2. I'd rather not move the helpdesk off
this server.

Thanks,
Chris