[rt-users] RT auto reply and spam

Mailbag mailbag at anothernet.com
Fri Oct 22 10:26:54 EDT 2004

You can prevent RT from auto replying by changing the "Precedence" of the
e-mail to "Bulk".  We do this using procmail and formail to avoid replying
to e-mails from addresses we know we don't want to reply to.  Here's an
example:

:0fhw: .msgid.lock
* ^From:.*amazon.com.*
| formail -i "Precedence: Bulk"

You could use some kind of spam detector and change the precedence to bulk
that way.