[rt-users] rt 3.2.2 - bad upgrade !

Jason Parsons jparsons-lists at saffron.net
Mon Oct 25 02:35:47 EDT 2004

On Oct 21, 2004, at 11:56, hubert lubaczewski wrote:

> we quite recently upgraded from 3.0.6 to 3.2.2.

> i checked and in 3.2.2 in schema there is varchar(255) on this field.
> it has to be that upgrade procedure didn't change the datatype.
> but why? and why didn't it say so?

I don't know much about your particular problem, but, did you happen to
read the README:

         You may also need to update RT's database.  To find out, type:

            ls etc/upgrade

         For each item in that directory whose name is greater than
         your previously installed RT version, run:
             /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action schema \
                 --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>
             /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action acl \
                 --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>
             /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert \
                  --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>

Hope this helps.
  - Jason Parsons