[rt-users] RT is hanging when trying to update tickets

Paul Williams paul.williams at uwex.edu
Tue Oct 26 14:01:04 EDT 2004

I have installed rt-3.2.2 on a Redhat 2.1 AS linux system
with the latest up2dates patches installed.  I have installed
apache-1.3.31 and mod_perl-1.29 from source.

After starting RT, when I click on the Ticket option
an apache process begins to use approx. 100% of the cpu.

I need to kill and restart apache before I can do anything else with
RT.

I have tracked down the problem to the
module /Search/Elements/EditSearches, at least that
appears to be where there is a problem.

If I comment out the line EditSearches line in /Search/Build.html
I don't have the problem of the cpu going to 100%.
Of course the program probably doesn't work properly then.  (:-)

It looks like the problem is centered in the code below.
I have not been able to figure out what is happening to see
if the problem is really there and whether there is a fix.

paulw