[rt-users] Re: RT is hanging when trying to update tickets

Paul Williams paul.williams at uwex.edu
Wed Oct 27 12:44:28 EDT 2004

Here is the fix.

The first part is to turn on debugging to see what is
happening.  In /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm
change
     Set($LogToFile      , undef);
     Set($LogToFile      , 'debug');

Restart apache and the look in the log, in my case it was

      /opt/rt3/var/log/rt.log

The error message complained about a missing table
with the name Attributes.

At this point I needed assistance from our mysql expert
who set up the mysql database for rt.

He looked at some older versions of the software and discovered
that the Attributes table was added a few versions back.

The file /opt/rt3/etc/schema.mysql
provided the needed lines to modify the database.

paulw