[rt-users] No ShowLinks file after install

Graham Dunn gdunn at inscriber.com
Thu Oct 28 15:26:45 EDT 2004

Jaime Kikpole wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Graham Dunn wrote:
>

>>I got this too when I upgraded from 3.2.1 via ports.
>>I had to make deinstall && make reinstall in the www/rt3 dir. Not sure
>>why that happened.
>>

>	I did that, too.  It didn't help me, though.  I ended up
>installing from sources, which I've done for the 2.0.6 and 2.0.15 installs
>that I have done previously.
>
>	Now, if I only knew how to make RT 3.2.2 any faster than it
>currently is....  It seems to make an httpd process gradually use up the
>whole CPU for a few seconds and then gradually go back down to an
>acceptable level.  (The decrease starts when the page is fully loaded, but
>it is still dropping for several seconds after that.)  Any pointers?

Yeah, I saw the same the same thing here. My solution was to throw
another CPU and 500M of RAM at the problem.

Though right now, the longest page load I've managed to produce was
around 45 seconds, and that's with 25 or so attachments (mixed text and
graphics). I think the problem is that mod_perl is just erm, not as
efficient as I'm used to apache modules being. Corrections on this
viewpoint welcome.

I asked a while back about suppressing the graphics, but I haven't
figured it out yet.

Graham